Our popular Cottage Catering service is available to group bookings in The Rookery and Kingfisher Cottage. Delicious home cooked dishes using seasonal local produce which is cooked in-house by Karen and Lorraine and delivered piping hot to your cottage at a prearranged time.
We have chosen dishes that will keep in the oven if your pre-dinner drinks run over!
Cottage Catering is popular with guests on their first night following a day spent travelling - a special celebration or just a night away from the cooker!!
- Curried parsnip soup
- Stilton and leek tartlets
- Chicken and mushroom pate
- Smoked mackerel in a cheese sauce
- Carrot and sweet potato soup
- Locally sourced beef, braised with button mushrooms and sweetened with redcurrant jelly.
- Chicken breasts cooked in a piquant sauce with garlic onions and tomatoes
- Diced neck of lamb slowly cooked with garlic, spices and sweetened with mango chutney
- Chicken breasts cooked with leeks and mushrooms served in a sherry and cream sauce
- Thai pork curry with water chestnuts
- Beef braised with mushrooms in a white wine, garlic and balsamic vinegar sauce.
All the above dishes are served with a choice of potatoes, rice or pasta, accompanied with a selection of fresh vegetables or mixed salad.
- Fresh fruit pavlova
- Profiteroles with chocolate sauce
- Divine lemon pots
- Traditional treacle tart
- Chocolate roulade
- Sticky toffee pudding with toffee sauce
- 3 courses 1 choice £20 per person
- 3 courses 2 choices £22 per person
- 3 courses 3 choices £24 per person
Please note when you are choosing choices for your party minimum of 4 portions per choice. ( difficult to do 1 chocolate roulade)
Payment is in cash before departure please